Update (6/10/2021) regarding
The Board of Directors has loosened many of the SCA-imposed restrictions effective 07/01/2021. In person meetings are allowed but there are several requirements. In Northshield they are:
- The SCA may not provide shared drinking containers or any food served in a buffet-style. Attendees who accept shared drinking containers or buffet-style food from other attendees do so at their own risk. Feast will not be allowed at this time
- At this time, individual, sealed, commercial bottles of water may be provided by the event to attendees if necessary.
- All in person activities shall require all who attend to sign in on a roster that provides the legal name of the attendee and some method of contact. That can be email, phone number, or street address. This roster will be sent to the Minister of Waivers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Masks must be worn per CDC guidance on how to properly wear a mask for all indoor activities no matter what your vaccination status is.
- Masks are required for all activities for those who are not fully vaccinated (vaccination + 2 weeks).
- Anyone who is fully vaccinated and still wishes to wear a mask is encouraged to do so.
- Masks are not required for outdoor activities for people who are fully vaccinated after July 1.
- Per BOD statement on Proof of vaccinations All groups below Kingdom status shall only be permitted to request proof of vaccination, a negative COVID test or temperature checks where required by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
- Additional regulations for in person events are in place not limited to:
- The following language is required to appear on all event notices, flyers, online announcements,
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.
- Sign in Roster
- All in person activities shall require all who attend to sign in on a roster that provides the legal name of the attendee and some method of contact. That can be email, phone number, or street address.
- This roster will be sent to the Minister of Waivers at email@example.com
- In person Events must submit a plan to the Kingdom Seneschal by e-mail
- Showing that the type and size of the event is allowed under current federal, state or province, and local guidelines. A copy of or link to the relevant part of government re-opening language is sufficient, but should include issue and effective dates.
- Showing the organizer’s specific plans for complying with government and current Kingdom guidelines.
- The Kingdom Seneschal must approve the plan in writing before the event will be added to the Northshield calendar. “In writing” includes by email or postal mail.
- All events will take measures to limit the risk of infectious disease transmission.
The situation is evolving and if the date gets moved again or restrictions changed, I will post another update.
CDC Mask Guidance
CDC Fully Vaccinated Guidelines
Kingdom of Northshield Announcement
Board of Directors Announcement for lifting of Restrictions
Statement From the SCA regarding requiring of Proof of Vaccination/Temperature Checks